Module 4: Approaches for several kinds of patent searches (M4)
BPIC module 4: Approaches for several kinds of patent searches. Discover technical patent searches, bibliographic searches, competitor information searches and the relation between patent searches and sources. You also learn more about reporting search results and better understanding the needs of the patent information customer.
- 9, 10 & 11 October 2017 (3 days)
- Class schedule
- 09:30 - 17:00h
- € 1850 (no VAT will be added)
- Start date
- 13 February 2017
- Exam date
- Thursday 16 March 2017
- Other dates
- 14 February, 15 February, 16 February 2017
- kinds of searches: technical patent searches (patentability, infringement, validity, etc.); bibliographic searches; competitor information searches,
- relation between patent searches and sources,
- reporting search results (techniques),
- typical needs of the patent information customer.
Aalt van de Kuilen joined Solvay in 1980 as a chemist at the age of 23. In 1989, he was given the opportunity by Solvay to work part-time (1.5 days a week) as Chemistry teacher. In 1993 he moved into the Patent Department inside Solvay Pharmaceuticals. During this period he became a member of the Dutch Patent Information User Group and soon afterwards a Board Member. From September 2002 onwards, he became responsible for all Scientific Information. Since May 2014, Aalt is working as an independent consultant for Patent Information.